Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Evesham on Saturday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Thu Jul 25 2013, 23:39

No chance of that TRM im not that daft with my money! However i will be advertising & sponsoring the club in the future Smile

View user profile

27 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Thu Jul 25 2013, 23:44

Good. Not sure my wallet could cope with your income generating strategy!

View user profile

28 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 11:16

I can afford it, but £9 to watch a meaningless friendly is a joke. Even £7 is a lot for a kick about game.

View user profile

29 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 17:14

I'm with Nick on this. Charging £7 to watch what is no more than a glorified training session seems excessive. One of the reasons why I hardly ever bother with friendlies these days.

View user profile

30 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 17:16

brockmoor wrote:I do find some of the comments on here funny concerning a few quid. First it was paying a pound ( yes a single pound ) to park at ground. And now it was the possibility of being 'forced' to pay £9 for a friendly! #laughable.

Thank you, Mr Moneybags.

View user profile

31 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:00

Im Mr Moneybags, just because people moan about paying £7 for a friendly game and i dont!

I cant tell you how gobsmacked i was, having to pay £1 for a single raffle ticket at Stourport. I can get three strips at Stourbridge for that! Lol.

View user profile

32 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:04

Money isn't the issue, the fact that Evesham wanted to charge £9 and have since reduced it to £7 for like save days a glorified training session. I don't mind paying over priced for something I'm interested in, ie a competitive game. Evesham have awful attendances for league games so I dread to see if for a friendly at £7. Just my personal point if view which seems to be echoed. I personally won't be going.

View user profile

33 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:09

The raffle analogy doesn't work. You could get 1000 tickets for a quid but as long as everybody else gets the same it doesn't alter your chances. The value for money factor is identical.

View user profile

34 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:20

Your analogy is wrong because not everyone has a go on raffle. I purchased one ticket, some didnt so i had a better chance of winning than them. From what im hearing no Stour fans would have purchased two at a whopping £2 so they wouldnt have had better odds than me!

View user profile

35 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:25

PS At Lye Town you get a free raffle ticket with your admission so everyone has the same chance.

View user profile

36 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 19:00

Ok, your chances are the same as everybody else's who enters.

Per ticket(s) bought, obviously.

View user profile

37 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 19:12

I had to go to Lye town a couple of days ago....they do a heart attack burger for a bargain £3......sounds bostin.Smile 

View user profile

38 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 20:09

Agree with Brockmoor on some things - I'd have given up going to football altogether way before I got to the stage where £2 made all the difference as to whether I could afford to go to a match or not.

I think I could be a millionaire though and still resent paying £9 for what DTG aptly describes as a glorified kick-about, hence why I've decided not to bother with any this season - as it happens I'm not a millionaire so I've scrapped friendlies in favour of a bit more money for an adult ST plus programmes, man of the match etc. I could still afford both but it's just money that could be better spent elsewhere (i.e. giving it to Stour rather than over-charging away clubs).

View user profile

39 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 22:38

Agree with brockmoor on this you either pay what they are asking or dont bother going simple as that.

Don't think Stourbridge are whiter than white. Had a season ticket a few seasons ago that was a family ticket because two adults lived in the same house but now we have to buy two adult season tickets separately. It was the club who told us we could have a family ticket in the first instance then changed their mind after two seasons.

Even though it cost me double the price I ain't moaned about it. Still have a go on the raffle and man of the match and have a beer in the clubhouse.

Worst for me is the club never responding to an email I sent them asking to explain their decision.

As brockmoor says its a pound or two if you can't afford dont go.

As for the comment about devil this forum is worst off without him as everyone is entitled to their opinions.


View user profile

40 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 22:46

Completely agree 'Si' i get the feeling some posters are scared to say what they feel. Its a forum, a place to debate. However if you dont agree with the 'majority' the majority turn on you!

View user profile

41 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Fri Jul 26 2013, 23:03

stoursi wrote:Agree with brockmoor on this you either pay what they are asking or dont bother going simple as that.

Don't think Stourbridge are whiter than white. Had a season ticket a few seasons ago that was a family ticket because two adults lived in the same house but now we have to buy two adult season tickets separately. It was the club who told us we could have a family ticket in the first instance then changed their mind after two seasons.

Even though it cost me double the price I ain't moaned about it. Still have a go on the raffle and man of the match and have a beer in the clubhouse.

Worst for me is the club never responding to an email I sent them asking to explain their decision.

As brockmoor says its a pound or two if you can't afford dont go.

As for the comment about devil this forum is worst off without him as everyone is entitled to their opinions.



That's an interesting one. £234 for a family season ticket is bizarre given as you say, it would be way cheaper for you to bring a kid along. Surely a family season ticket should be at least the price of two adults; i.e £340, and up to say 3 kids could get in free.

Is it just me or is it faintly ridiculous to charge two adults with no children (of that age) £340 but two adults WITH say two children 12-16 £234? That seems to make no financial sense to me whatsoever.

Even the argument that more people would bring more revenue doesn't apply here, because a family wouldn't buy extra programmes or raffle tickets, and a few cans of coke for the kids won't make up that difference.

Or am I missing something here?

View user profile

42 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Sat Jul 27 2013, 11:54

Tricky Tree wrote:It really baffles me as to how you regularly seem to rub people up the wrong way.
I thought I was the king of wind up.
You constantly seem to belittle people's opinions.
Instead of having a concise opinion you appear to get pleasure from just dismissing it as wrong or ludicrous.
There appears to be a common theme that your on your own with many of your opinions(especially since your partner in crime spat his dummy)
Maybe the rest of us are missing the point or it could be that your arrogance knows no bounds?


Tricky,

It's exactly this type of petty bickering that made my mind up to stop posting two months ago.

I said at the time i thought it was pointless,i couldn't see the point in wasting my life on it to be honest and i wished you all well.

You retorted with your "spitting the dummy" comment on that day and you've done it again now.

Just because someone decides they don't want to involve themselves in something anymore doesn't mean they're "spitting the dummy",it may mean like in my case that i was just not enjoying the experience and had decided to leave it alone.

You accuse Brock of "belittling" people,but the irony is that you seem to enjoy doing it to me for a reason that escapes me,i've never had a personal dig at you and i still won't.

I wished everybody well,i still do,including you so please stop dragging me into things i'm not involved in,it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

View user profile

43 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Sat Jul 27 2013, 15:58

That's told me......

View user profile

44 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Mon Jul 29 2013, 10:05

TRM wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:p.s......Worcester will lose.

More than likely, but then it's not proper cricket so I'm a bit shruggy shouldered about it.

We were both wrong!

View user profile

45 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Mon Jul 29 2013, 10:11

Indeed we were. Fantastic effort by the Royals.

View user profile

46 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Mon Jul 29 2013, 14:28

Any actual thoughts on Saturday's match, or any of the friendlies so far, from people who went (whether they felt ripped off or not Very Happy  ).

View user profile

47 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Mon Jul 29 2013, 14:54

I went to evesham.....tried to charge me £3 for Harry (Cool but I had a bit of a moan and they relented.
I know Ulster Jim,Josh,happy hammer and a few others got in for £4 each...they did a blag.....see what can happen with a bit of a moan.
Not impressed at all with the ground although the bar area is quite nice and fairly spacious.
As for the game.....dull first half and we probably deserved to be behind.
Second half much better performance,played decent football and it got quite lively for a pre season game.
The player who stood out for stour was Luke Benbow,ran himself into the ground and was superb at holding up the ball and bringing others into the game.
Long may that continue.

TRM.....please thank your dad again....he gave myself and my two boys a lift back to the train station in the pouring rain.
Very much appreciated.

View user profile

48 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Mon Jul 29 2013, 15:27

Poor first half, second half much better and fitness started to tell in last twenty minutes. Benbow & Cresswell have been our best players in preseason.
Thought Evesham's ground was nice & tidy. At that level they dont need anymore, but plenty of scope for development.
Dovey & Palmer were both shi$e as normal for Evesham!

View user profile

49 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Tue Jul 30 2013, 09:23

Jack

avatar
Admin
I'm away for 2 weeks and all you can do is bicker. Glad Worcester won though! Who got runs TRM?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

50 Re: Evesham on Saturday on Tue Jul 30 2013, 09:34

That's all that we do when you're in the country anyway nory.
Now shush up and enjoy your holiday...don't get too drunk.Very Happy 

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum