View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 14:12

Jack

Admin
Thanks for your added input again! Smile

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

52 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 14:41

AmblecoteArnie wrote:Also hearing McCone is off

Not heard this until now,did it come from a reliable source?

View user profile

53 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 14:46

Devil's Advocate wrote:
AmblecoteArnie wrote:Also hearing McCone is off

Not heard this until now,did it come from a reliable source?

All we need now is an 'I'll be back' from Dovey Laughing

View user profile

54 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 15:21

Always glad to have an input. Not been wrong so far have I despite peoples accusations.

View user profile

55 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 15:34

Jack

Admin
Well since we haven't had an official word on the Promotion problems, we can't say you were right on that one. But perhaps you could a) tell us where he's 'off' too and b) Where you've heard this. Oh and another thing, perhaps in future, you could show your face when things are going well for us?

56 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 16:41

AmblecoteArnie wrote:Always glad to have an input. Not been wrong so far have I despite peoples accusations.

Paul's Mum uses the same newsagent as myself so i'll ask me friend's who own the shop to ask her or Paul next time they are in.

I got to meet him in the shop and chat the day after we beat Plymouth,very quiet lad but very pleasant and down to earth i thought.

If he is moving on who can blame him,at his age he need's to fulfil his ambition and talent and at our level we no longer satisfy those criteria.

Pity he wouldn't go on contract though so we could have earned a few quid.

View user profile

57 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 19:23

There's been plenty of times I have had to 'bite my tongue' on here because I know whats been said on here is wrong by certain posters.

I wouldnt dismiss Arnie's comments to lightly. Wink

View user profile

58 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 19:33

Given that Paul was linked with a move away last summer and possibly has had an even better season just gone, I dont think its rocket science to think he may once again be linked with a higher club and this time (and who could blame him) be tempted to try that higher level. Its hardly 'club shocker' is it?? Rolling Eyes

That said - I really hope he doesnt go as I think that gap to fill would be the hardest we have had for quite a while!

View user profile

59 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 20:48

Like Brockmoor and Jane, I would consider it more newsworthy if nobody was chasing Macca. He was close to signing for Kiddy 12 months ago and has played better than ever since then.

As long as he went to a club at a higher level (even if it's only one step up) then regardless of money I wouldn't fault him.

Every club is vulnerable to players being "pinched" by those higher up the food chain (look at Man Utd taking Van Persie from Arsenal for an extreme example), so you just have to get used to it when it happens.

View user profile

60 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Tue May 28 2013, 20:58

brockmoor wrote:There's been plenty of times I have had to 'bite my tongue' on here because I know whats been said on here is wrong by certain posters.

I wouldnt dismiss Arnie's comments to lightly. Wink

Why bite your tongue rather than put them right? Unless it's a grammatical error Wink

View user profile

61 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 10:47

Jack wrote:Right, let's get that lad from Halesowen.

Reported on Halesowen's website this morning that Ben Haseley has moved to Solihull.

View user profile

62 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 11:03

Jack

Admin
Great news. So he's gone even further south. So much for distance being the issue.

63 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 11:35

Not happy about this news at all.

We should have made a bigger effort to get the lad,he's a goal machine!

Why is it that both the pro team and non league team i support are so painfully slow when it comes to transfers.

View user profile

64 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 11:41

The thing is, we just don't know what efforts (if any) were made to sign Hasesley. We could have offered him everything under the sun but the fact that Solihull play one step higher might have been insurmountable if he's ambitious.

And they play in the North which may have had an influence as he lives up towards Cannock I believe.

View user profile

65 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 11:45

TRM wrote:The thing is, we just don't know what efforts (if any) were made to sign Hasesley. We could have offered him everything under the sun but the fact that Solihull play one step higher might have been insurmountable if he's ambitious.

And they play in the North which may have had an influence as he lives up towards Cannock I believe.

I happen to know more about this than i'm willing to discuss on an open forum.

All i will say is that i think we've missed a trick here.

Is there any more news on McCone's supposed exit?

View user profile

66 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 12:55

Have to agre with TRM i would say the move is more to do with playing football at a higher level and possibly the travelling for away games.

Also i would have thought there is not much difference in time travelling to Solihull than Stourbridge.

Would certainly think if Macca has any ambition to play at a higher level then i think it will be very unlikely to sign for us this season.

View user profile

67 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 13:04

Did I and a few others mention that this is a good enough reason to move to the NPL few weeks ago?

There is less travelling in the NPL for a club situated where we are in the country, this was the reason Haseley gave when we approached him last season. Sure enough his now moved to a club in the BSN.

View user profile

68 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 13:13

If I'm surprised about anything it's that he's signed for Solihull rather than Hednesford or Telford - both in the same League, closer to where he lives, and probably able to offer more money. Maybe they weren't interested.

View user profile

69 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 13:17

Im sure we could have matched what Solihull were offering Wink

View user profile

70 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 13:18

There seems to be a recurring theme on here of late, the 'I know about this and that but can't say'.

If you have inside information, either broadcast it or don't comment. I keep seeing the club criticised for lack of transfers etc from posters claiming to know why but won't/can't elaborate. Personally, if you can't say what you know and give reasons for being so critical, why bring it up? Just have a moan like the rest us of us 'in the dark' supporters!

View user profile

71 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 13:46

Meow!

Thought i was just having a moan?

Its common knowledge that we were after Haseley, its common knowledge the reasons he gave us to why he didnt come to us last season

I would suggest we could have easily matched what Solihull were offering also.

Sorry if you didnt know this, maybe you have been in that darkened room to long! Wink

As for 'inside information' any ideas of the winner of the derby at the weekend. Smile

View user profile

72 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 14:02

I totally agree with you Aled.....it also annoys the hell out of me when people make out they know more but won't let on what it is.
There really is no point in mentioning it if you're not prepared to elaborate.
I can't speak for Aled but I presume on this occasion he's referring to Devil's last post.

View user profile

73 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 14:20

Tricky Tree wrote:I totally agree with you Aled.....it also annoys the hell out of me when people make out they know more but won't let on what it is.
There really is no point in mentioning it if you're not prepared to elaborate.
I can't speak for Aled but I presume on this occasion he's referring to Devil's last post.

You're right.

There's no point posting so i'll wish you all well,cheers.

View user profile

74 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 14:36

I think as supporters of any club it can at times be difficult to understand transfer policy at yours or any club. On the surface it appears all straight forward; 'We should sign him, he's better than what we have.' Sounds simple doesn't it. But transfers at any level must be hugely complicated affairs. Some of the factors have already been mentioned here; financial, travel, work etc.

Could a player be swayed to join a club on a more personal level. Does he have dealings with the manager seeking his signature, does he know, get on with current members of perspective club's squad? Don't think it is any coincidence that a 'glassboys old boys contingent has sprung up in Rushall!

Taking a step back from our own alliengiences, and compare Stour and Solihull I am not so sure that we are in a position to offer what they can. Obviously a higher standard of football is a given. But on top of that they are established at that level. Yes they may struggle but they have played at that level for a while now. Just looking at the calibre of their other signings this summer (key players that have established themselves at that level) then it would appear ( at least on the surface ) that their budget is higher than ours. Not privy to any additional info, just an opinion based on the facts I can gather,

I know I've said it before, and some don't agree but I am all for sensible approach to finances and not being forced to submit to over ambitious demands from players. ( not suggesting this happened in the case of Halsey) I trust in Gary to unearth a gem on the cheap - he's done it before so I have no reason to believe he'll do it again.

Thinking back over the last few seasons we do seem to have done our deals late and picked up gems by having this approach. Evans, Geddes and McCone all spring to mind.

View user profile

75 Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel on Thu May 30 2013, 15:11

Can't understand why people are having a go if they are at devil.

He made a comment and explained it when someone asked him to.

He has only put what was stated last season about the travelling
involved in the slp if you are based in the north of our area.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum