Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prize Money At Different Levels Of The Pyramid.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Does anyone know if we gain a financial reward should we win the play offs?

Also,is there an increase in money doled out by Blue Square compared to what we may/may not have got for being in the Evostik Southern Prem?

I presume we have to split the gate money 50/50 with our semi final opponents and final opponents if we get there?

Any info will be great fully received.

View user profile
To my eternal frustration I can't find any concrete announcement on prize money but I know that last season, thanks to the new sponsors no doubt, I think £1000 was paid to all clubs with about £6/7k to the league winner and about £3/4k to the runner-up. Now whether that's the 2nd place club or the playoff winner I couldn't be sure - probably the former.

You'd think that for a nice initiative like that there would be more on the SL website about it, but no. I'm going from my memory of a tit-bit in the Stour programme for the above, and that was last season!

As for whether it that is still the case this season, I don't know. Can't find anything on Blue Square prize money either (from a few Google searches).

I think the playoff gate receipts are split but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I guess we keep all the healthy bar receipts from the post-match celebration/drowning sorrows though Razz

In other words, I've not been much help have I Very Happy

View user profile
Don't know about prize money, but I think we do get a nice little trophy for being runners-up. I suppose we could flog that if we need a few bob!

View user profile
stour_boy wrote:To my eternal frustration I can't find any concrete announcement on prize money but I know that last season, thanks to the new sponsors no doubt, I think £1000 was paid to all clubs with about £6/7k to the league winner and about £3/4k to the runner-up. Now whether that's the 2nd place club or the playoff winner I couldn't be sure - probably the former.

You'd think that for a nice initiative like that there would be more on the SL website about it, but no. I'm going from my memory of a tit-bit in the Stour programme for the above, and that was last season!

As for whether it that is still the case this season, I don't know. Can't find anything on Blue Square prize money either (from a few Google searches).

I think the playoff gate receipts are split but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I guess we keep all the healthy bar receipts from the post-match celebration/drowning sorrows though Razz

In other words, I've not been much help have I Very Happy

Thanks for trying SB.

You would think that this would be a bit more transparent wouldn't you!?

I'll ask Andy P next time i see him.

View user profile
I'd say it's a fair bet (pun intended) that the prize money for Conf North will be higher pro rata than in the Southern Prem.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum