Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lye Town away form

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Lye Town away form on Mon May 06 2013, 21:36

baz wrote:Have you been to their ground. Before? If so what is parking like? And quickest way?

Stour played there once, possibly our first season in the MFA? We were in the Midland Invitational Cup and due to the bad weather and mulitple postponements it didn't get finished until the first weekend in JUNE. We lost 3-0 at Casuals in the semi (I think) around May 24th or something like that - seem to recall it was a Thursday night.

Dave's right - up the A449 out of Wolverhampton, under the M54 at J2, you pass the ground just after that on the other side of the dual-carriageway, but have to go up to the next island and then back on yourself to get to it. One small stand, and not much else. Don't really remember it to be honest, but it was a tick!!

View user profile

27 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 01:03

TRM wrote:
baz wrote:Have you been to their ground. Before? If so what is parking like? And quickest way?

Stour played there once, possibly our first season in the MFA? We were in the Midland Invitational Cup and due to the bad weather and mulitple postponements it didn't get finished until the first weekend in JUNE. We lost 3-0 at Casuals in the semi (I think) around May 24th or something like that - seem to recall it was a Thursday night.

Dave's right - up the A449 out of Wolverhampton, under the M54 at J2, you pass the ground just after that on the other side of the dual-carriageway, but have to go up to the next island and then back on yourself to get to it. One small stand, and not much else. Don't really remember it to be honest, but it was a tick!!

Thanks for bringing that one up. I remember the game but couldn't remember who we played and at which of those just off the M54 grounds it was. I believe the final was the following Saturday.

View user profile

28 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:07

At Wolves Casuals, currently 0-0. If anyone knows Malvern vs AFC Wulfrunians scores please update.

View user profile

29 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:25

Casuals 1-0 up Sad

View user profile

30 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:28

Following Wulfrunians on twitter but no news yet.

Have tried to follow Malvern but it's pending their approval! Obviously don't want all and sundry following them!

View user profile

31 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:32

Cheers TRM ive tried both as well Sad

View user profile

32 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:33

Malvern 0-0 Wulfs HT

View user profile

33 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:37

Bello 1 Lye 0 at HT

View user profile

34 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:42

Keep up the updates coming on Wulfs please

View user profile

35 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:46

Breaking news!!!

Wulfs have followed me back!!!

View user profile

36 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:56

Lye hit crossbar

View user profile

37 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 20:57

Malvern 0-1 Wulfs

View user profile

38 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 21:06

Malvern 0-2 Wulfs

View user profile

39 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 21:17

Lye dominating play but mixture of bad luck and good defending keeping them at bay.

View user profile

40 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 21:31

2-0 Casuals Sad

View user profile

41 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 21:35

FT - Malvern 0-2 Wulfs

View user profile

42 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 22:45

Very unlucky were Lye tonight.

A really good second half performance that deserved the points,Casuals young keeper is one to look out for though,6 ft 4 inches tall,very agile yet well built and pulled off some stunning saves.

Trust Bellingham to score though,did almost nothing throughout the game yet finished as cool as ever and with power to get the first goal.

Lye play good football,i'll certainly watch a few more games of their's next season if they keep that side together.

Commiserations to all concerned with the club.

View user profile

43 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 22:50

Good game,Lye were unlucky but thats how footy goes! At least i know who my fellow forum friends are now Brockmoor and Devils Advocate,wink wink Very Happy

View user profile

44 Re: Lye Town away form on Tue May 07 2013, 23:21

baz wrote:Good game,Lye were unlucky but thats how footy goes! At least i know who my fellow forum friends are now Brockmoor and Devils Advocate,wink wink Very Happy

Good spot Baz....which Stour man were you then,the one wearing the glasses who was sat plonked on the seats in the first half i guess!?

View user profile

45 Re: Lye Town away form on Wed May 08 2013, 05:40

Yes that was me! Was with me dad who goes every stour match,he is the quiet one,home and away,think he missed about 2 matches all season,about 5 for me! Guessed it was you DA by yur posts with TRM,detective work,i try not to be a typewriter terrorist like some forums! Promise will speak to you next season!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum